By Doemela | June 29, 2016 - 9:24 pm
Configuring Client SSL Certificates for Quassel
- Copy the cert and key that you made into the ~/.config/quassel-irc.org/certs directory. Quassel will not use the PEM file. Make sure the filesystem permissions restrict read access for the files to just you.
mv mynick.cert ~/.config/quassel-irc.org/certs mv mynick.key ~/.config/quassel-irc.org/certs
- Click Settings and Configure Quassel. In the IRC section of settings, click Identities. Then click the Advanced tab.
- Under Use SSL Key, click the Load button and select mynick.key.
- Under Use SSL Certificate, click the Load button and select mynick.cert.
- Click OK to return to the main window and connect.
- Once connected, you can tell NickServ to automatically identify based on your certificate fingerprint by doing:
/msg nickserv CERT ADD
If you know of any additions or corrections, or would like to contribute improvements, contact us
- You can follow any responses to this entry through the .