With the cGaN VPN (Virtual Private Network), you can configure your computer to securely route all its internet traffic through cyberguerrilla.org. This can be useful to prevent censorship, corporate surveillance, and monitoring by your ISP. HowTo’s are included in ▲menu▲
The cGaN VPN is different than most personal VPNs in a few ways:
- We do not keep logs, other than a record of the day a user connects. Specifically, we don’t log any IP addresses and we never log DNS queries.
- When you connect to the cGaN VPN, your computer will get its own public internet IP address.
Configuration in a nutshell
Although each client is different, there are five values that must be configured in your OpenVPN client:
- VPN Server: IP (already set in opvpn config file)
- Authentication method: password (already set in opvpn config file)
- VPN username: your cyberguerrilla.org login (ie if your account is joe_hill.org, just enter ?joe_hill?) (already set in opvpn config file)
- Password: your CgAnVPN password.
- CA Certificate: All files needed you can download after account is made.
Request a CgAn VPN account go to https://cyberguerrilla.org/xyz/
VPN provide privacy (protects data), TOR provides anonymity (protects user).
TOR connections to a VPN => OK, VPN conecction to TOR => GOTO JAIL!
We as the rest of other VPN provider’s wont go to jail for your crimes committed via VPN services!! So think forURself under which law U operate.
The server is a simple data carrier (mere conduit) in the terms of Article 12 of the european directive 2000/31/CE of 8 June 2000 (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32000L0031:En:HTML): we do not initiate the transmissions, we do not select the receiver of the transmission, and we do not select or modify the information contained in the transmission. Therefore, we are not liable for the information transmitted. As a German server, we fully comply with Telemediengesetz §15 (the German telemedia law http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__15.html), which prohibits to log any personally identifiable data or usage data unless required for billing purposes. As we do not charge for using our services, we will never be able to keep any connection data. CgAnVPN can be used by people in countries/ISPs where they block the default openvpn port, there is no guarantee that it works there are more ways (headers) to see that people are connected to a vpn. General Secretary of the Meowist Party of the Soviet #CgAn
- You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.