By Doemela | June 29, 2016 - 9:25 pm
Configuring Client SSL Certificates for XChat
- Make a cert if you haven’t already. XChat does not support passphrase-protected client certificates, so make sure you specify the -nodes option.
- Copy the cert you made into your ~/.xchat2 directory, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\X-Chat2 directory, or from wherever XChat stores user settings. The certificate filename must match the name of the network, so you should probably name it cyberguerrilla.pem.
mv mynick.pem ~/.xchat2/cyberguerrilla.pem
Make sure the filesystem permissions restrict read access for the file to just you.
- From the XChat menu, select Network list.
- Find cyberguerrilla (irc.cyberguerrilla.org) or make in the network list, and click Edit.
- Enable the option to Use SSL for all servers on this network.
- Enable the Accept invalid SSL certificate option.
- Click Close.
- Click Connect. You should be connected using SSL, and in your own whois you should see your certificate fingerprint. You can tell NickServ to automatically identify based on this certificate fingerprint by doing:
/msg nickserv CERT ADD
If you know of any additions or corrections, or would like to contribute improvements, contact us
- You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.